Monday, March 24, 2008

How To Change the Country in Your AdSense Account?

I have registered my Adsense account with a Singapore address as I was working in Singapore at the time of registration. I have now transfered back to my home country in Malaysia. So, I was thinking of changing the address associated with my Adsense payment to my Malaysia address.

Here is how you can change your Adsense Payment Address:

In order to change the Adsense payment address, you need to fill out a Change Country Request Form, this is how the form looks like:

It took less than 24 hours for Google Adsense Support Team to respond to your request. After they have updated the new payment address, they will also reset the form of payment and tax information.Therefore, the account will be temporary on hold. In order to remove the hold, you'll need to resubmit your tax information and select your form of payment.

1. To resubmit your tax information:

- Log in your Adsense account at
- Click the'My Account' tab
- Click the 'Tax Information' link
- Follow the instructions on the 'Tax Information' page to update your current form , or to submit a new form

2. To select your form of payment:

- Click the 'My Account' tab
- Click 'Edit' next to Payment Details
- Choose the type of payment you would prefer and click 'Continue'

Important notes you should also be aware of prior to requesting a change of country or payment address:

- Adsense account cannot be transferred or sold.
- You cannot have mail from Google Adsense forwarded to another billing address.
- You don't have to update the Adsense code on your pages.
- You don't have to create a new Google Adsense account in order to change your country associated with Google Adsense.

No comments: